(1) Account Opening – in person
For account opening, please contact our Customer Service Department at 2956 3330 for an appointment, we will have designated officer to assist you in account opening process. You may need to bring along required supporting documents with you (please refer the Account Opening Checklist in the Hong Kong Cash Account Agreement) for account opening during the appointment.
(2) Account Opening - by post (Applicable to Cash Account Opening Only)
- Download the Hong Kong Cash Account Agreement from the Download Area and you have to read all the contents and relevant risk disclosures carefully.
- Mail the duly filled in and signed Hong Kong Cash Account Agreement with photocopies of relevant supporting documents (please refer the Account Opening Checklist in the Hong Kong Cash Account Agreement) to the business address of our Company – Units 2603-6, 26/F, Infinitus Plaza, 199 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong. Please be reminded that the applicant has to sign on the identity verification document.
In addition, you have to choose one of the following methods for identity verification:
Provide a cheque issued by the applicant, but please take note of the following requirements:
- the cheque must be drawn on a bank account opened by the applicant with a licensed bank in Hong Kong;
- must of amount not less than HK$10,000 and payable to “President Securities (Hong Kong) Limited”;
- the name of bank account holder printed on the cheque must be the same as the applicant’s name shown in account opening documents
- the signature on the cheque must be the same as that in the Hong Kong Cash Account Agreement; and
- the account will only become effective after the cheque has successfully been encashed.
If you cannot provide a cheque for identity verification, you must sign the Hong Kong Cash Account Agreement before the witness of a professional third party (such as lawyer), and that professional third party has to sign on the above-mentioned documents confirming his/her witnessing the signature by the applicant.
Furthermore, client’s photocopies of identity card or passport must also be certified by professional third party. As a certifier of identity verification documents, the professional third party has to do the following on the photocopy:
- sign on it
- print his/her name clearly in capitals underneath
- date it
- clearly indicate his/her position or capacity (such as lawyer) on it
- state that it is a true copy of the original (or words to similar effect)
As a witness and a certifier of identity verification documents, the professional third party must provide photocopies of his/her qualification registration certificates and sign on them for confirmation.
- When we received you account opening application, our staff will contact you by phone as soon as possible for confirmation and risk disclosure process completion. During that process, our Company may request additional verification documents or forms to be filled in by you so as to complete the account opening procedures.